Saturday, June 19, 2010

Sharon Timlin 5K

A picture of Cheryl and I just before the race.


36:52

My second 5K went a lot better than the first. Amazing what a little training will do! I was originally upset with myself for not pushing hard. I didn't have that super-amazing-high-off-endorphins-feeling but I wasn't dead either. I didn't run the whole way but that is how I trained run some.......then walk some........and so forth.

With the race being 30 minutes away in Hopkinton (the famed start of the Boston Marathon) at 8:3o AM Brad decided it'd be easier for the boys to stay home. I think it was easier for me to get there alone too. I left feeling a little sad that David wasn't there for the kid fun run and all the after activities.

It was nice to be encouraged by a few friends from church who also raced. I was sad to discover a pesky and lingering knee injury the week after the race. This is a set back I've never encountered. I am committing to run the Tufts 10K this fall, but man 6.2 seems like A LOT more than double 3.1!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Good for you! 10k is now my favorite race...not that I actually race. I have a hard time paying $30 or more dollars to run, which I could do for free. But good for you.

Cindy said...

I'm so proud of you. I hate to run, and think it's great that you are getting into it now while you are young.

Michael and Anita said...

Woot, woot! Way to go! :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah...Congrats! We need to talk, I've got a few tricks to get you through the 10K. Dying to hear where your knee is bugging you. Ice, ice, ice...:)

Jessica Gonzalez said...

Hooray! I'm so proud of you!!!

PS You look so skinny!