I hold a special place in my heart for the town of Lexington. It is charming, and as most everything in New England, historical. Battles of Lexington and Concord anyone? When my friend Linda told me the local businesses passed out Halloween candy I had to be there.
A dragon and a fireman.
I had visions of a fireman and his dalmation puppy but David loved the dragon costume and I didn't have the heart to force him into something else.
The boys sat and watched a little dance performance on the green in front of the train station. Some younger girls dressed as bats and performed and cute number and the older ones were zombies dancing to what else but Michael Jackson's Thriller. Even I'll admit that I love me some Michael Jackson music.
We started to make trick-or-treating rounds. Both boys instantly picked up on it. William usually said "thank you" after receiving a candy. David sometimes had a hard time navigating around crowds. His peripheral vision was compromised because of the costume I guess. It was fun and so cute. David was also unusually quiet which is becoming common for him in public situations especially around strangers. Will alternated between wanting to be held and walking on his own and also between keeping his hat on and wanting to take it off.
Stopping to rest on a chair outside a local cafe. Trick or treating can be tough.
Enjoying a sucker.
Local scenery...
A final shot of my cute fireman:
I was happy to enjoy such a nice afternoon with David and Will. Today was definitely one of those rewarding moments that are so precious to parents. Had I tried to do this last year sans stroller it would have been a disaster. At just one and two my boys are already growing up...I wished for Brad or even grandparents to share the moment with!
No comments:
Post a Comment