Sunday, October 17, 2010

SIL Weekend Wrap Up

I had a great weekend! From the moment I picked up Jorden and Katrina in Provo to the moment I left the resort to go home on Sunday morning...It was uplifting and relaxing in a not-having-to-worry-about-being-a-Mom-for-almost-four-days kind of way. Most importantly I got to know my sisters-in-law. I've always acutely felt the need to bond with other women and who better to do it with than (some new) family? My reasoning for the trip was that Brad and his brothers already know one another but that the girls haven't really had that opportunity. Moments when we've even lived in the same state are few and far between.

Perhaps the only downside to the trip was the almost two days of traveling part. I just wish it didn't take so stinking long to fly West!! I was thrilled to see Brad, Dave, and Will at the airport in New Hampshire late on Sunday afternoon. I'm also very thankful that Brad was willing to arrange his schedule to allow me this opportunity.

1 comment:

Harmony said...

What a great family tradition to start! It sounds like you all had a great time.