Saturday, October 18, 2008

Chowderfest in Ipswitch, MA

Brad's first taste

Some of our dental school friends got lost on a recent weekend trip of theirs and found the sign for the Ipswitch Chowderfest. The Calls and the Keyes invited us so we went. It seemed like a New England sort of thing to do. Brad was excited for the Chowder and the fact that we got to go to a place called Ipswitch. I was just happy that it wasn't too cold or crowded.

I liked the creamy clam chowders best, they are certainly more "clammy" here in the East

And, yes, incase you didn't know that is a pregnant belly NOT just fat. It is another little boy due 03.01.08.

It might not look like it but David really liked the chowder too!

But he had the most fun with the free balloon. Ballons have been a favorite for David since we can remember.

After seeing they Keyes four year old Aiden get his face painted Brad thought that David needed a baseball on his face too. I didn't think it was the brightest idea...David ended up smearing it and wiggling too much. Maybe next time Dad.

The men found the places that would give you more than one sample and kept leaving their wives and kids to go eat more; I think Brad, Derrick, and John got their money's worth and some. What can you expect? I think we all ended up voting for a different chowder. It was a fun way to spend the afternoon. David did a great job during the festival and we all left happy and full. We drove around the area for a little while afterward and took in the old but beautiful (and probably very expensive) homes.

13 comments:

Andre, Melissa and Jolie said...

CONGRATULATIONS! That is so fun that David will be a big brother! (I don't know about hospitals in MA but from my experience with hospitals in NY, I recommend making sure the hospital you go to has private rooms (so that new baby boy can stay with you at night) and that Brad can come whenever he wants and doesn't have to be out by 9PM and can't come back until 9AM. I want you to have a MUCH better experience than I did!!) That is so nice that you are having a boy, so that they can easily share a room, and you have pretty much everything you need already!! CONGRATS again! That is so exciting!

Cindy said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Why did you wait so long to tell us????? I am so excited for you guys. How are you feeling??? Oh, the boys will be pretty close, huh. Were you 'sick' while you were moving? Oh, my mind is going a mile a minute! Email me with the details, dear.

Love YOU!

Jessica Gonzalez said...

DEIDRE! You're Pregnant?!? I'm so happy and excited for you...although a little bummed you waited so long to tell everyone. If it wasn't 10 p.m. where you are, I'd call you right now...I'll have to call you first thing in the morning! HOORAY!!! Congratulations! Do you have a name yet???

Alison said...

Yea Deidre!! Awesome and fun news!! Congratulations!

Tori said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting! I am curious--how close in age will they be? I used to want to space my kids about two years apart but now I'm thinking I want them closer together. My mother-in-law told me that now is the "danger zone" because Katrina is so cute that I'm going to start wanting another--and it's so true!

Justina Selim said...

Congrats! That is so exciting for you guys! I hope this pregnancy is going well for you!

Janelle said...

don't you know around here it's called "chowda?" there are no "r's" in massachusetts' cities!

Deidre said...

Thanks Janelle for being the first to actually comment on the main subject of the post! Apparently I'm not a New Englander yet since I don't have the colloquialisms down.

Deidre said...

I don't know if anyone reads the comments after they comment but I feel the need to say thanks for all of the congratulations and good wishes. I wasn't in the mood for a big announcement this time around so I thought I'd just slip it in...:)

Lisa Tucker said...

Congrats! On the little on on the way. We miss you guys here in AZ. However eating Chowda in New England sounds oh... so good! David is always smiling! I love seeing the pictures of him growing up and enjoying life.
Love youl

Anonymous said...

Looks like everyone is excited and just what you expected! Love the updates, makes me want to make Clam Chowder tomorrow for dinner. We just finished having Oliver and Heidi up for dinner, we celebrated Halloween a little early, I made garlic mashed potato ghosts and sweet potato pumpkins. They were so cute. Well I thought they were cute but by the time I got them on the table they were a little cold. Oops. Love the updates as always.

Anonymous said...

Looks like everyone is excited and just what you expected! Love the updates, makes me want to make Clam Chowder tomorrow for dinner. We just finished having Oliver and Heidi up for dinner, we celebrated Halloween a little early, I made garlic mashed potato ghosts and sweet potato pumpkins. They were so cute. Well I thought they were cute but by the time I got them on the table they were a little cold. Oops. Love the updates as always.

Audrey said...

I can't believe it!!!!! Congrats!!!!! I'm due April 25 and feeling much better. I'm over being sick. But I can't believe you're pregnant again!! And I can't just stop by your apartment anymore to say hi! I hope you're loving life back East! I miss you!