Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Down at the Gun Range

This is a rare Brad post.

Well, yesterday marked the end of a long line of tests, about 14 tests in two months.  To blow off steam I went with my friend Mark down to his local gun range.  We decided to try out a few of his guns.  We shot off a .22 semi-auto pistol, a 9mm Smith and Wesson semi-automatic pistol and a .40 Sig Sauer semi-auto pistol.  Ironically, the small .22 was the least accurate.

The 9mm Smith & Wesson

We also fired off some of his rifles.  We fired both an M1 Garand, the main rifle used during WWII (this one was made in 1944, so it could have seen action in that war) and an AK-47.  The AK was fun to shoot, but the M1 was amazing.  Accurate and powerful with an extremely easy to use sight.  Only problem with the M1 is it's almost too powerful.  The next morning I found a bruise on my right shoulder.

Brad and the AK-47 (with muzzle flash)

1 comment:

DKS said...

Nothing better than spitting brass! I miss going to the range. I miss my Glock 9mm. I am a .22 lr guy now. I just have my rugar 10/22 and 12 gauge. I want an M1; they are an amazing rifle. As for the AK i am not much of a fan. I love the AR-15s.