I finally made it to Fenway Park. After my last sort of experience with a Red Sox game I figured I needed to actually go and enjoy what Bostonians feel is America's baseball team. This picture was taken after Danielle graciously met up with us to bring Brad's camera. I'd "lost" mine and was distraught at the thought of not recording this occasion. Thanks Danielle.
Excited for the Red Sox vs. Diamondbacks game!
Entering historic Fenway Park. We were just waiting to feel the magic.
The view from our seats....
I kept waiting for that almost romantic gushy feeling I hear that people feel as they attend Red Sox games. I'm sad to say it never quite came. Perhaps my embarrassment at my sweet husband's cheers for the opposing team was to blame? Brad says he tried cheering for the Red Sox but just couldn't when they were playing against the Diamondbacks.
I think Brad watched the game intently and I enjoyed listening to the people behind me.
Our view was partially blocked by a pole but you can't be too far away from the action in Fenway Park. Craning our necks to see the pitcher was just part of the experience!
The "Green Monstah"
Getting ready to leave.
On our way out...
We walked from Fenway and crossed the river at the MIT (Mass Ave) bridge and got on the T at Central Square. It was fun to see a different part of the city at night. Thanks to all those who made the night possible... Janelle and Danielle for watching the kids and Melanie for the ride home from the train station.
An interesting side story. Brad listens to Boston Talks--a super right wing political radio show. I was on the way to Costco one day listening to the Michael Graham show. I heard that the Red Sox v. Diamondbacks games had been cancelled because the City of Boston is boycotting Arizona. I think they've pulled investments in the Grand Canyon state to show their disgust. I was distraught about the game being cancelled.
I don't normally get too political here on the family blog but here it comes....this all obviously goes back to the new immigration laws in Arizona. I don't personally see how CHECKING SOMEONES IMMIGRATION STATUS WHEN THEY ALREADY ARE INVOLVED WITH THE POLICE is a PROBLEM?!?! But whatever. You don't have to agree with me. I don't see how Boston boycotting Arizona really does anything.
I'm so gullible. The talk show host was trying to create political waves with the mayor's office by saying the games were cancelled (they weren't) and asking people to call in or send their tickets for a refund. I think his reasoning was that the boycott is ridiculous; especially if the city council wasn't willing to extend it to everything. Don't know that Boston really has the power to cancel an MLB game anyway, but it sure had me upset. I called my friend that was going to babysit, I called Brad, I sent my neighbor a text. I guess in some ways his little tactic worked on me!
2 comments:
Let me just say, I completely agree with you! I have no problem with coming to America--just do it the right way and assimilate properly. Become a citizen. I think if all those other states lived with the issues AZ does, they'd have a completely different viewpoint. We have the same thing in Calif. Coming from an immigrant family myself, I appreciate their committment to America and how they handled it.
And FENWAY! Pretty cool!
ps: I really like your hair.
I think LA County tried to boycott AZ too and they were going to stop selling them power...I'm just wondering what boycotting an entire state even does?
Post a Comment