I was ecstatic when Melanie called and asked if we would watch Jackson while they went to Connecticut on a short overnight trip. Jackson is one of David's most beloved friends AND my boys have been frequenting the Melanie babysitting service so this weekend was a win-win.
I've been dying to take David to a Touch a Truck event. I'd never heard of these before we moved here. I don't know if it is just something you know about when you have boys or if it is unique to our community. It was the perfect event for two little boys who love their vehicles.
David in the back of an ambulance.
Jumping on the packing bubbles in the moving truck. Endless fun for David except that our poor friend J was terrified by the noise.
Before this photo was taken I stopped to talk to someone at a YMCA booth. I'd put both boys in the double stroller but unbuckled (dumb idea!) so they (I) could easily get (them) out at each new stop. I pushed the stroller away realizing it was a lot lighter. NO DAVID. I didn't panic, I looked toward the fire truck and the bus figuring he'd run there. NO DAVID. I was a little worried as I walked around the event. Thankfully it was a very tiny section of the mall parking lot that would have been difficult to escape but still NO DAVID. I finally got the security involved when walking around and calling his name still didn't find him. I thought maybe he'd run onto the bus but couldn't see him there. Someone suggested a more careful investigation and there he was hopping off the yellow bus...
I was very glad to find him and he didn't seem to know he'd been missing for a good 5-7 minutes (a long time for a toddler in a public place!) so I tried to scare him a little. He cried and I felt sufficiently bad and embarrassed because it was my fault for not buckling him into the stroller and for getting distracted.
Drying a few of his elephant tears while sitting on a police motorcycle.
Driving a fire truck.
Buckling himself on the school bus (this time with Mom in sight!)
We never had buckles. The bus was a Jackson favorite.
Driving the semi-truck and naturally receiving a free tootsie pop for the effort.
Driving an excavator. I'm pretty sure that seat was a good 7-10 feet in the air.
The limo-bus. A mutual favorite of both boys. Had I known this would be such a hit we would have started there.
Some sort of emergency truck or special operations vehicle.
A really humongous flatbed truck from the tire store. It took some convincing to get J on top but once he was up there was no turning back. I had to pry both boys off.
We left with a bag full of stickers and goodies and two very happy little boys. Afterward we found out we had won a $25 gift card to Wild Willy's (a local burger joint) for filling out a survey.
My only regret of the weekend is that poor Jackson stayed home from church on Sunday because of sleep deprivation. My boys ended up waking him earlier than he usually got up from naps and in the morning. That coupled with all the fun made for one very tired boy. But we can wait to have him again!
1 comment:
David must have been in seventh heaven. He got to drive a BIG truck!
Post a Comment