My Grandma Lyon took me and my cousins to see The Nutcracker when I was very young. I've always wanted to go back. The holidays are busy and by the time I get around to thinking about it the tickets are too expensive or there isn't time or there isn't a babysitter. But this year the stars aligned.
The Boston Opera House
My friend Daija told me about student rush tickets. Students can get half price tickets two hours before a show if there are still available seats. After Brad took the self proclaimed worst- final/test of his life then grabbed a willing friend and acquired two half price tickets. I thought $40 total for both us was more than worth it, plus we were in the sixth row!
The dancing was exquisite and the live music was phenomenal. I can't describe how unbelievable a professional orchestra sounds. It helped that Tchaikovsky's music is very famous; it is always fun to hear something you know. I was surprised at how many of the different movements I'd heard before.
After the show!
I enjoyed dressing up but I'm pretty sure when Brad left for the wost-test-of-his-life he wasn't thinking about our evening (who can blame him?) so he went casual.
I thought I could convince Brad to wear a crown too...
So grateful to leave the boys with the Kang family. Babysitting is perhaps my biggest worry when trying to coordinate a date night and being worry free made it that much more enjoyable.
2 comments:
You look extra cute. I love that dress.
Thanks for your sweet comment.
LOVE the Nutcracker. What a great treat to be able to go and have a festive night out.
Good posts.
Have a Wonderful Merry Christmas.
(no cards this year...too much drama [evacuation] and all.
Post a Comment