We started off with stockings and breakfast. Santa waited to deliver his presents until later. The boys opened their gift from my parents over the webcam. That was a lot of fun. They got a play tent with a tunnel and immediately started rough play inside it. It was lots of entertainment for everyone back in Arizona!
We had a relaxing morning while the boys enjoyed a few things in their stockings. After Will's nap we went and saw the movie Tangled. The characters broke out into glorious song just like the Disney movies I remember growing up with. It was a really wonderful show. Both boys sat through the entire thing. It had never occurred to me to see a movie on Christmas Day and I'm sure it will be something we'll do again.
Brad headed to the airport with William to pick his parents up and David and I went back to the house. Santa made his belated appearance while Grandparents put pajamas on and the present opening began.
After Santa's departure...
The boys received some clothes, books, and play food for their kitchen. But the favorites by far were the Cars semi-trucks. They were probably made for older kids because attaching the trailer to the front part was a delicate process. Will asked his Grandpa no less than 20 times to "help me fix it" and Grandpa happily obliged. I think by the end of the night Kent was looking for a more permanent way to keep the truck and trailer together though!
The boys play with their trucks.
Since it is no secret that Brad is the better cook his surprise was a set of nice kitchen knives. I knew he loved them because he carefully washed them that night and requested that we buy a lot of vegetables so we could try them out. I had no idea how terribly dull the knives we'd been using were. It makes such a difference!
Grandma and Grandpa opened their gifts. Noelene got a jacket for New York and Kent got a laptop desk for his new computer.
Here is Grandma Noelene opening her gift.
It was such a delight to share Christmas with family!
No comments:
Post a Comment