We ended up staying in the Roosevelt Hotel because with a priceline discount it was cheaper than other places that weren't nearly as nice. It was a good location--right near Grand Central Station. We found out that the Roosevelt Hotel has been in a few movies set in NYC including Maid in Manhattan. You better believe that I watched it as soon as we got home!
A snapshot of the beautiful lobby. William was upset so he wasn't in this picture.
We made our way back to Times Square and ate breakfast at nice and tasty place that I wish I could remember the name of. Even though we took up a lot of very limited space with our strollers they were quite accommodating which was a great bonus.
I remember riding the ferris wheel inside the Toys R Us in Times Square with my sisters and I wanted to do it with the boys. I forgot that it would be busy the week between Christmas and New Year's. The line was longish but went quickly. Just our luck...we got the Little Tykes Car!
The boys seemed to have fun. I felt a little bad for taking up the morning with my activity. But Grandma and Grandpa didn't seem to mind even though there were plenty of other things to do. We spent some time searching M&M's world for a souvenir for someone at Kent's office.
Kent and Brad went back to the hotel for our bags and Noelene and I took the kids to the train station. I thought Boston was stroller unfriendly but I felt like NYC was even worse! We tried two entrances and asked several people before we found a good way to get in. Of course it was somewhere strange and even more difficult to get to because of the snow.
We walked by the main NYC Post Office and that was a treat. The building was beautiful and HUGE and more of a Greco-Roman something you'd see in DC. It was especially nice because it kind of appears in an area that didn't seem very pretty to me.
I also chuckled to myself as I read the inscribed "Neither SNOW nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays the couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds." I might be wrong but I think we even missed a day or two of mail (maybe we didn't get any those days?) in Boston after or during a bad storm.
We made it into the station and had a little more confusion trying to find where we were supposed to be. After what felt like ages Brad and Kent finally arrived. Six tired people boarded the train for Boston. The best view of the NYC that I had the whole time we were there was at dusk pulling out of the station. The boys watched movies and enjoyed a trip to the snack bar. It was fun for them to eat and play cars at the tables. The trip was fun but also very soggy and I don't think anyone was disappointed to get back home!

1 comment:
What a fun vacation! I love the ferris wheel. How cute! I bet the boys loved it.
And I hear ya about the postal delivery-- I'm pretty sure we've missed a day or two, too. I always think of their slogan and have to laugh!
Post a Comment