Thursday, December 30, 2010

The NYC Ornaments!

We walked by A LOT of snow while we were in New York City. Many of the snow piles had trash on top. I never really thought about it before but where else would you put the trash on garbage day?!

We noticed several LARGE bags of ornaments a department store had thrown out. I hinted that I wanted an ornament and Kent was happy to "dumpster dive" to get one for me. The only problem was that several were tied together with a metal ring. It was all or nothing...and of course I made out with all of these beautiful cast offs.

I would have taken more had there been any way to get them back to Boston. Many other people were taking bag fulls (Or bags full?) it was a marvelous moment. Brad was completely embarrassed. Kent even remembered to find huge shopping bag at Toys R Us so they'd be easier to get back.

COMING CHRISTMAS 2011 AT THE CAMMACK HOME:
OUTRAGEOUS DISPLAY OF DEPARTMENT STORE ORNAMENT CAST OFFS

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Good for you. I would have taken them to the post office and mailed the whole lot of them bact to Boston, packed in pnuts and bubble wrap!

So pretty and what a unique memento!