Conversation at our house around Thanksgiving time:
ME: David, what did Daddy buy mommy at the mall?
DAVID: Slippers!
*silent pause*
DAVID: And Jammies!
BRAD: DAVID. STOP TALKING!
I should be ashamed of myself.
In my defense jammies aren't technically a surprise. But the slippers were. We are only now after, 2.5 years in Boston, acquiring warm winter items like house slippers.
Dave and Will sure liked their slippers too.
They are looking quite a bit alike, no?
Sadly, I didn't get a photo of our Christmas Eve books. It is a tradition just as wonderful and important as pajamas. I opened many memorable books as a kid. There were sometimes poignant stories like The Polar Express and The Gift of the Magi, and often silly stories of reindeer waiting for Santa or little animals trying to fit into a shoe to keep warm. It has been fun to find these books and new ones for my kids.
This year we opted for Curious George Christmas carols and a book where you slide a window to reveal a picture of some Christmas related thing underneath. The poor George book wasn't great. It came with a CD that was a little lame. But Will loved sliding his little windows back and forth.
Santa gets to work on the stockings:
Little boys sleep while visions of sugar plums dance in their heads:
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
2 comments:
Aaaaaaah! John has the SAME Cmas pajamas as Will. Thank you JCPenneys!
I love their slippers! Looks like a great Christmas Eve!
Post a Comment