Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Memorial Day

We did pretty well after three nights in a tent. I just wish we would have thought to bring something to sleep on besides the sleeping bag!

The boys are entertained by the iPod touch for a few minutes.

Raising the flag.

Trying to show some reverence for the flag.

Playing with friends again. It wasn't quite as hard to keep track of the boys as I thought. There was a lot of collective child watching going on. Hopefully everyone felt the same way!

We must be terrible parents--being entertained by the iPod touch once again. This time while we packed up! I guess camping isn't what it used to be. :)

Brad and Dan did some service edging some of the grass and the kids played on the swing set. We had fun talking to the senior missionary couple that ran the place. We asked if they'd be back next summer and they said they would "as long as the creek don't rise and God is willing."

At the last minute we decided to make a stop at King Arthur Flour. The kids were done but it was worth it. Coolest. Store. Ever! The one sad part is that we were so enthralled with the kitchen gadgets and flour products we forgot there was a bread-making demonstration!

I feel like this was a super successful camping trip. I would have never dreamed of camping with our kids a year ago. I think it went smoothly because Brad did most of the work for preparing to go and cooking and we were able to spend a lot of time with friends too. Maybe I should chip in and help out a little more next time!

No comments: