My family decided to come for a visit...I'm sure the fact that Danielle was already here helped with that decision just a little but it was great to have everyone in our neck of the woods together! It has been over two years since we've seen Grandma here and it was a first time visit for Von and Brooke.
Dave and Will waiting for the bus with Grandma Kathy--this is where they first learned about "bribes." Grandma kept feeding them fruit snacks to help them be patient until the 70 bus (which is notoriously late-when-you-are-early-and-early-when-you-are-late) arrived.
Love this photo of the boys!
Since Danielle had to work and I'd already been on a tour of the statehouse with her and the boys last summer I took the kids to the Boston Public Library. Of course couldn't find the stroller entrance and had many trouble with stairs. But we were able to play in the kids section while Brad, Mom, Von, and Brooke went on their tour.
I met everyone at Boston Common and we headed out for another freedom trail trip. Brad was kind enough to take the kids home and I got to spend some time with my parents and Brooke. I was surprised to find four places along the trail I hadn't been in but had passed by many times.
1) The Old Statehouse Gift Shop and self guided tour 2) The Fanuiel Hall town meeting room where there was a tour run by the national parks service 3) Kings Chapel and 4) The Kings Chapel burying ground. I spent a lot of time reading all of the informational signs and it was nice to be able to do that and get lost in the fun details that are hard to notice when you have a 2 and 3 year old with you. I'm always amazed by how small the community in Boston was during revolutionary times especially since we live near what is now such a huge and bustling city.
Brooke and I inside Fanuiel Hall
We took a horribly long and crowded bus ride home after we got off the train. It wasn't ideal but it would have been even worse with a stroller and kids so I'm glad we didn't have that to worry about. Even though Dave and Will LOVE public transit I found myself being thankful for our car and the fact that Brad braves the T every single day so we can easily get where we need to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment