I'm entertained by the fact that Brad looks short in this picture!
Today was an exciting for Brad. He was commissioned as an officer in the US Navy. We won't bore you with all the details but this is something we've been waiting for since April. David and I picked Brad up from school and we headed to the main armed services building in Boston. Brad signed away four years of his life in exchange for free tuition and some wonderful benefits while he's in school. David enjoyed being the center of attention at the recruting office; he got lots of free Navy toys. Everyone was so accomodating, I liked being somewhere and not worrying too much about what David was getting into while Brad did a bunch of paper work.
Brad was sworn in and then waited for his classmate Derrick to do the same. You'll have to ask us what being a dental officer in the Navy is like in four years when Brad gets his first assignment. For now we'll just enjoy the benefits that are supposed to kick in sometime next month. Government red tape I guess. Congrats Brad for being approved and commissioned, I'm proud of you.
8 comments:
That's exciting! Congrats! Hope everything is going well in Boston!
That sounds fantastic! Very happy for you!
Wow! Congrats Brad! That is awesome. Lots of exciting things going on in your life. As it should be. I am very happy for the both of you. Love you Auntie
Woo hoo for Brad!
Congratulations! Good luck!
Congratulations! We're happy and proud of you both. Give David a hug and kiss from his California cousins!
Well I guess that there's no changing your mind now! Congrats
Congratulations! That will be so nice to have all of your tuition paid for and all of the other great benefits that come with the service. Steve might possibly still try to do the air force, but I'm just not fond of the idea of giving back 4+ yrs.
Post a Comment