The Boston Marathon
We weren't convinced it was the great. Watching people run? Seriously? How could that possibly be fun? Wow. What we didn't know!

This man was one of the first things we saw. It really brought me to tears and I don't think it was just hormones. Are there even words for this picture? We were sitting on mile 19 just before heartbreak hill. I'll have to remember to not let things get in my way when I want to do something. How inspiring.

Some of the women runners

There were just waves and waves of people. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 20,000 and they all have a story. (And have to qualify in another marathon to even get a number in this one!)

Another inspiring sight

It wasn't a meltdown free morning but I won't ever forget how happy David was to play with dogs. Probably my second favorite memory of him to date. I'm a little scared that he is so friendly with "ruff ruffs". He is a prime candidate for getting bit. But the look on his face as he pets and plays. Priceless. There is a little part of me that would almost buy him one.

How William spent the entire outing

David and I

Red Sox caps. Brad made a special trip just to buy one for David. Of course there was a lot of chatting and laughing with the families that were there with us. You can't have enough friends at an event like this.
4 comments:
Wow! The first picture you posted is very inspirational! It brought tears to my eyes! I always get a little teary-eyed every year we go to cheer on the runners (even those without major obstacles to overcome)--just something about having a major goal, working hard and not giving up--sort of like life here on earth I guess :) Glad you guys enjoyed it!
Hey Diedre! It was so fun seeing your blog! it's been a while. That first picture is amazing. Thanks for sharing. I hope things are going well with you! Take care!
My dream is to run a marathon - whether that comes to pass or not is a different thing! Perhaps we should run together?! =) xx
That's awesome that you were able to cheer on the runners. I love cheering on people during races (I even lose my voice at times). Since I've done a couple marathons, I know how encouraging people on the course can be. Boston is the ultimate race... I would love to qualify, but that would require a 3:50 marathon... too fast for me. Looks like you guys had an awesome time. P.S.- Steve and I will have to check out that restaurant... it sounds very tempting.
Post a Comment