Friday, November 27, 2009

Air and Space & Natural History

Our next stop was the air and space museum. I think Brad has dreamed about seeing this one for along time...but he was even more excited to see his cousin Josh. Josh, his wife Stephanie, and their two boys live in Williamsburg and drove more than two hours to meet up with us.

The space stuff was probably the coolest...


I was really partial to the WWII exhibit. This is a replica of the underground where the British hid during raids. Below are different types of friendly and enemy aircraft depending on which side is yours. :)


Brad and Josh (along with Will) at the Natural History Museum
Don't they look related?

We didn't realize the museums would be so crowded today, I think it might have been worse than black Friday shopping. We couldn't find a table at a very large two level McDonald's inside of the air and space museum. Often there were just too many people to successfully push the stroller through the exhibits or even learn and read about things. Tragic. We need to go back, you could spend a whole week at all of the different Smithsonian Museums.

It was wonderful to catch up with Josh and Stephanie and see their two little boys.

1 comment:

EmmaLee said...

It looks like you guys had fun. All of my brothers and my dad would be so jealous. Bob and I hope to hit up D.
C. upon graduation, hopefully with no kids in tow!