After leaving the science center Candace's feet were seriously hurting. We walked toward new shoes and saw a few historical things along the Freedom Trail.
Old Statehouse. Think Declaration of Independence. Read from this balcony in 1776.
Boston Massacre. Look carefully for the triangle curb in the middle of the road. Just picture that it happened here.
Kyle and Candace hit DSW for a new pair of shoes. Brad took David for lunch at Wendy's and I hit The Children's Place with my sleeping William. Candace found shoes in record time and I enjoyed browsing in the huge downtown store.
Actually, this is Franklin's parents but...
We never tire of the Granary Burying Ground. Declaration of Independence signers. JOHN HANCOCK. Patriots like Paul Revere. You always feel revolutionary when you leave.
Hanging out on Boston Common. In November. Without Jackets.
Statehouse. I finally got to go in!
Willy with Daddy
Brad kept the boys outside during our self guided tour. He was sad when I told him who we ran into...until he saw the picture. It was strange to be in the midst of what I view as a very liberal government and see Mitt Romney hanging on the wall. We thought the photo of his wife on the desk next to him was weird. He was probably trying to be sweet and credit her for his successes. But still...weird.
We made it to the Museum of Fine Arts with just a few minutes to spare. Brad and the Nelsons literally ran through the Egypt exhibits while I gave Will a much needed break. If anything today reminded me of how much I still have to see here. We left Kyle, Candace, and Sami at the Prudential Center and took our very tired boys home.
No comments:
Post a Comment