The next stop was Arlington National Cemetery. We opted for the tour mobile. I remember having a good experience with that when my family went. It was a little more cumbersome with the stroller but better than walking up some of those steep hills.
Lincoln Memorial from Arlington National Cemetery
Willie and his Meghan with almost matching sweaters
H1N1 anyone?
We saw where the Kennedy's were buried and noted the new spot for Ted Kennedy. It was interesting to live in Massachusetts when he died. I didn't realize what a public figure he was; I think we heard about everything from his legislation and public service--all the good coupled with the bad and ugly.
Changing of the guard at the tomb of the unknown soldier.
This is an impressive ceremony but even more significant in that it represents all of the fallen unknowns. Since I'd already seen it I was able to read a bit more about the history and how an unknown was chosen from each war to honor and bury here.
Brad, Meghan, and William watching intently
Does William have red hair? I'd say it is brown/auburn but I've gotten many "oh look at that cute red head" comments as we've been out and about. Thoughts?
Meghan and Deidre
The headstones are placed so that any way you choose to look they are perfectly in line.
Another shot of Meghan
I would have liked to finish the tour but the lines for the bus were long, the boys were tired, and we were hungry so we made our way back to the car. They didn't even make it that long!
Sleeping boys
No comments:
Post a Comment