I was a little sad to not make the traditional Swedish Dinner for Christmas Eve but there was no way we could fit all of the friends we wanted to invite for a formal sit down dinner. We opted for appetizer night instead.
Our entertaining space is a little awkward with the living room situated in the front of the house and the kitchen and dining room (actually a play room) in the very back of the house. They connected by a long narrow hallway. No one missed a beat though, the kids ate at a kids table and the adults stood up and mingled. Perfect solution!
Meghan stopped by for about 5 minutes--good to see her.
Lots of yummy food crammed onto our table.
Note the Swedish candlesticks and the red ribbon, I at least pretended!
The Holt's brought their bells last year and I must say I've been looking forward to hearing them all month! Janelle's Mom and Dad made her a set that I seriously envy. What a cool gift!
Janelle leads the bell choir; lightly tap your bell with a metal spoon and you have the perfect way to play a Christmas song--no musical talent required.
Janelle and Ryan played a few wonderful duets on the piano and we tried to get the kids to sing but I don't think they liked that as much as they liked the spoons!
The Hanson Family
The Heaton Family
Brad and Will with their bell.
This was a Christmas Eve to remember!
2 comments:
Looks like you guys had a good time. We spent the night alone and it was a bit lonely.
Lots of fun.
Please post the recipe for your swedish meatballs!
The Bells. When I was Primary president, we ordered a fabulous set for our music time. The accompanied our programs,etc. I'm going to try and find out where I ordered them from, because they are really good quality and were about $50 which is almost what the supplies to make them would be. I'll let you know if you're interested. I think I might get me a set too. You know, for grandkids, right?!
Post a Comment