After church we squeezed in a few more sights. First a drive through the Pleasant Street Historic District in Belmont then up to the Boston Temple. What a blessing to have it so close! After a stop at home it was off to Minute Man National Park for the multimedia presentation that we suggest to all of our visitors. We walked out on the trail and saw the Paul Revere capture site and a few other home foundations from the Revolution.
Brad wasn't feeling well and he was missed, but I didn't complain when I traded one sleeping child for another between church and sightseeing.
Next it was Orchard House--Louisa May Alcott's home, the inspiration behind Little Women.
Sammi, Candace, Deidre, and Will
I can't picture the revolutionary battles that were fought near Minute Man Park. But I could just see Meg, Jo, Beth, and Amy flouncing around Orchard House.
2 comments:
Flouncing--perfect word. I'm going to get to that place when it's open someday!
I love the orchard house. So cool. I visited it a few years ago wehn Mie and I were in Boston. HE was working and I got to go see all the sites! Loved it!
Post a Comment