Saturday, November 7, 2009

The Nelsons Visit & Gloucester Beach

As the boys and I took a walk on a beautiful October day I mentally lamented the fact that it was fall and would soon be winter--I was mostly sad that we wouldn't have any visitors. The next day Candace spoke with Brad and said they had airline points and were coming!!

Candace and Kyle looking very much like a Banana Republic ad

They got into Manchester NH very late Friday. On Saturday we drove though Gloucester, "America's Oldest Seaport" or quaint fishing town. I'm always impressed by ocean views and I need to remember to take advantage while we can.

Brad and I looking NOT like an ad for anything!

We drove by a beach and thought why not? The Nelsons brought warm weather with them and we all couldn't resist at least walking out onto the sand.



I told David to stay out of the water. Always testing the limits--I guess he takes after me.

At one point he kept walking several feet away from the edge to pick up sand and then dump it into the water. He never did figure out he could have gotten sand that was much closer. There were plenty of dogs to chase. It was (almost) two year old heaven.



Never miss an opportunity to play with a truck.

Sammi, Kyle, and Candace
We were thrilled to finally meet this little girl!

I would have never thought of the beach in November.

Sorry guys about the not-so-amazing "seafood" place. If you could call it that.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like fun. I love Davids antics! Great pictures by the way.

Deidre said...

Thanks. I'm always thinking of how bad the quality is--but I guess the actual photos of things are pretty nice.