Friday, July 24, 2009

Devin and Katrina: The Luncheon

The luncheon wasn't far from the Seattle Temple (really in Bellevue) thanks to some smart planning on Grandma and Grandpa's part. They had hotel rooms at the Embassy Suites where the luncheon was to take place. That was a good thing since so many kids and adults needed a place to land.

Devin and Katrina
This is so them! Forget the fancy formal photos...
It was a lovely luncheon. I thought it was sweet when Kent said that because of Katrina Devin has become very a very focused man.

Amy and Mike
She did sit down to eat in between photographs. We'll miss them, Mike is amazing with the boys. Amy is good company and their kids are too much fun.

Aunt Marylin talking with Grandma Packer

Brad and I

Where is David? He seemed to miss a long string of events starting with today. He was asleep in the hotel room. We went up to check on him every 15 minutes. He does better when he gets a nap. And so do we.

Clay and Jorden

Miss Olivia--she did really well sitting there and trying to eat a lot of things that she didn't like. I was so impressed with her. It was fun to sit and chat.


Brad and our oldest niece Gina. She is just too grown up.

Clay (Clayton William) and William--both names honoring Grandpa Packer

Some of the cousins went swimming in between the luncheon and the reception. Poor David didn't get to because I didn't bring his suit. Brad, David, and William stayed at the hotel and snoozed, played, and ate while I took advantage of the time and went shopping for a few things. Clay and Jorden came with me to Fred Meyer. I enjoyed talking with them. We missed their wedding so it was especially nice to get to know Jorden.

No comments: