Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Put Me In the Zoo

Since Brad had a five day weekend for the 4th of July we had yet another day of family fun. This time at the Phoenix Zoo. (We also didn't want to be at Grandma and Grandpa's during the marble backsplash and bathroom counter install.)

We got there around 7:30. It was already 95 degrees!

William was looking happy to be there.

This is my favorite photo of the trip. Totally worth the $3 dollars we paid to feed the giraffe. We almost went back for seconds.

Running around while Mom and Dad ate snowcones. Is this photo over-exposed? No it was just that bright out.

Look at the lion!

The sign at the petting zoo said not to chase the goats...?

There really weren't tons of animals out in the heat so we made do.

Who dosen't love a pony?

The splash pad. Perhaps the best part of the day. This was about 10:30. It was too hot. We were done! I've always thought we'd move back here but this is the first time in my life I've seriously considered permenant relocation.

Obviously William didn't want to join in on the fun.

I really have mixed feelings about our little outings. I enjoy the things we do, but I always wonder if it is worth it because it will be a few more years till the kids really remember anything.

1 comment:

Nadia said...

It may be a few years until they remember it, but you've got to get yourself and them in the habit of doing little trips - so plod on! You might also be surprised by how much they remember. Thomas amazes us all the time.