Friday, July 3, 2009

Museum Outing and SCORPION Bite!

I'll admit it. I've had the heebie jeebies. I always walk around the house with shoes on. I jump at every little thing that happens to touch my skin. There has been a scorpoion problem for a long time. We find several (dead and alive) every month. I got STUNG. Perhaps it was bound to happen. Maybe now I can quit worrying about it? Luckily there was no allergic reaction and it wasn't horribly painful. But I won't be sorry to get back to Boston bugs.

Brad and I took David to the new Phoenix Children's Museum. My niece Megan came along too. We stopped by Matt's Big Breakfast (a place we've seen on Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives) but it was hot and the line was too long, especially with the boys. We ended up at IHOP. I always feel like we are putting on a little show for other restaurant goers because the kids were anything but well behaved and quiet.

Brad had the grand idea of using his Dad's parking pass to park downtown. How can you go wrong with free parking? We walked a couple of blocks from the garage to the museum. The heat was nasty and we were all sweaty when we arrived. The Children's Museum had plenty of free and close parking. Thanks honey, I guess we were on Boston "no parking" mode.

David seemed to love the tot area, the jungle of what I can only describe as hanging pool noodles, and the drums. He had a passing interest in some of other small exhibits too. It was a little busy because of the holiday weekend but it was a good way to have fun in an air conditioned building.

I forgot my purse so there was no camera for pictures. Luckily there was a short nap in the Pack 'N Play after we got back. But only because David fell asleep in the car before we put him in.

No comments: