Friday, July 24, 2009

Devin and Katrina: The Reception

The next stop was a beautiful reception center tucked away in a neighborhood that was on a steep hill. It was just perfect!

The groom steals a kiss from the bride

The centerpieces were my most favorite part. But the food was perhaps the best I've ever tasted at a wedding. I'm glad I only had one plate but it was tempting to have seconds!

Grandma Noelene waiting for things to get started.

My lovely niece Megan

David looks like he's being a gentleman

But I don't think that lasted for very long! Thankfully Gina and Megan were a big help with our little guys.

Leaning in for a hug with his newest auntie!

William stealing a sweet moment with Uncle Dusty.

Megan just loves to hold babies!

For our present Brad and I wanted to leave a few things in Devin and Katrina's hotel. Jorden went with me but I'm afraid we took way too long. Even with a GPS I kept getting lost (the hotel and grocery store weren't too far) maybe I should not talk and drive at the same time! Jorden and I set a few things up and rushed back to the reception.

We greeted a slightly worried Devin and a very worn out Brad. Chasing two little guys around while your wife is gone for a long time isn't terribly fun. The bride and groom left (in a cloud of happiness and bubbles of course) and we packed up two very tired kids. I was sad that I didn't get to enjoy more of the reception and that I left my family alone a little too long! But it was a very beautiful day. Congrats again to the bride and groom.

No comments: