We made up for our missed horseback riding trip today. It was fun but my horse kept eating along the trail and it was pretty hard to pull his head up. Megan's was even worse!
David almost missed this too! I didn't know they would let a one year old ride and felt pretty bad for leaving him back at the cabin. Brad and I went back for the kids and for Grandma Packer and Grandma Noelene. Because of a mis-communication with the men (mostly we told them there weren't enough seats for everyone the way they wanted to carpool over to the ranch) I had to stay back with William. He needed a nap and I needed to verify our flight reservation so it worked out. I was just really disappointed that I didn't get to go with David on the big slide again.
Brad came back to the cabin to get me so we could make up for David's missed horse ride. He seemed to like it ok but not as much as the first time earlier this trip. I think he was past his nap time and worn out. I was so disappointed that we couldn't find the camera.
He was named with her late husband William Max Packer in mind.
We did taco soup for dinner. Don't forget the lime tortilla chips! It is one of my most favorite easy recipes. I felt a little disorganized since everyone chipped in to help prepare but it was faster that way. I was a little sad that Kent and Noelene, Clay and Jorden, and Dustin didn't get a taste of the double batch we prepared. They went to Leavenworth for the afternoon.
Brad and I played a short game of pool and tried to get our things in order for the big trip home tomorrow. I think we were a little sad to leave everyone early but very excited to start the trip back. You start to miss your own house after ten weeks away. Thank you all for such a fun reunion. We missed Devin and Katrina but were glad they got a honeymoon. I can honestly say I'd love to do something like this again.
No comments:
Post a Comment