Saturday, July 4, 2009

4th of July

We went to the Centennial Ward annual 4th of July breakfast. The pancakes were tasty and David was the perfect gentleman. We wondered how we ended up in the hottest place on earth for yet another holiday that seems much more enjoyable when it is cool. (We moved to Boston last summer on July 5th.)

David and Brad

There were some hot tamales candy decorating the center of the tables. David kept sticking them in his mouth, figuring out they were a little too much, then spitting them out.

William wanted to join in on the fun and squaked a little whenever he was left alone.

Kim and Von with David

They were nice enough to invite us. Mom and Brooke are out of town (LA) for a harp workshop.

Choir Performance

I have to admit that I love the choir from my growing up ward. I was occassionally able to participate as a teenager. This choir has always been very talented and many of my holiday memories and even some personal experiences have been related to the music I've heard them sing. What is 4th of July without hearing patriotic/religious music?

Grandma Kathy always has some special treat waiting!

Afterward I left Brad at my parent's house with the boys. I think Von and Kim watched them as much as Brad did but everyone claimed they had fun. I frantically shopped for a few things the boys need for the upcoming vaction and came out only partially successful.

We headed to see the move "Up" with Mike and Amy and family and Grandma and Grandpa. The boys did OK but I think our movie days with little ones are numbered. We watched fireworks on the front lawn. Brad and I felt a little guilty that we put David to bed before they started but man was he tired. We watched the Boston Pops fireworks show on TV. Amazing. No matter how cranky and tired our kids are we'll be there next year!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Great posts. When do you head back to Boston?

Hayley said...

Happy 4th! We had quite the party here too. You've got a few busy weeks coming up! You'll be ready to go back to Boston for a rest! xx