Monday, July 20, 2009

Birch Bay

Today was beach day. Even though you couldn't see it from our room Birch Bay was literally across the street. We got everyone dressed for the outing. While I was taking a photo of Brad and the boys an elderly gentleman offered to take a photo of the whole family. He said it was just too precious to miss. I'll admit I choked up a bit when he said that.

We walked along the shoreline to the general store to get sunscreen. That took awhile but we finally made it out on the actual sand and realized a stroller wasn't the very brightest idea. It was low tide and the sand was packed really hard but still. We gave up and went back to the hotel to swim.

I guess William gave up before we did!

Since we were already dressed for the beach we swam at the pool instead. David always seems to like the water until it gets too cold. We went into town to get some groceries and came back for lunch and naps. It was a quiet afternoon.

This was our second attempt at going to the beach to find clams. But whoops. We forgot about the afternoon tide. There really wasn't much beach left. After living a mere ten miles from the Atlanic Ocean for the past year you'd think we would have known this! But a true East Coast beach trip has evaded us still....

Nevermind. We took turns playing with David in the water or holding the baby and watching.

I don't know if William really had the same level of energy that David did. Brad was ready to find clams for the second time but just ended up lugging the shovel around.

The seaweed was a huge issue for David. He hated having it on him. I think it is kind of gross and slimy too.

I love how happy he looks!

We made our way inside for dinner. Brad put some very tasty burgers on the grill. We watched part of the Disney movie Cars with David and put the kids to bed. It was truly a relaxing day.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

You guys are so adventurous! Nothing seems to phase you, Deidre. Love the ocean!

Jessica Gonzalez said...

How fun! I love the picture of the four of you!!!