Sunday, July 26, 2009

A Day of Rest

Church was first thing and getting ready as all of you parents know is no small task. We attended the local branch and pretty well filled it to capacity. David was successful in spreading Cheerios around the entire chapel as he roamed from one family member to another. We came home and this is what we did...

Olivia was so fascinated by William. She has been asking her Mom for a baby sister.

Don't be frightened just bendaroos! We found David a top this bunk bed more than once. He wanted in on the fun that the big boys were having up there.

William with Amy
They saw a lot of each other this summer but this is the first photo to prove it!

Mike playing pool

along with Megan

Silly Papa Kent sleeping

Dustin watching TV and being a good example.

Jared

Clay and Jorden

Grandma P., Nate, Grandma Noelene, and Olivia

Brad and Spenser playing a game

It may look like we didn't do much but Grandpa Kent gave a little fireside and we had a lovely dinner of pulled pork sandwiches courtesy of Nadia and Spenser. After that there were still individual family photos to be taken (thanks Amy!) and our favorite--chocolate fountain. We are lucky that Thomas asked about having it and Spense and Nadia didn't mind bringing it along.

Preparing chocolate and cutting fruit

Nadia and Brad--the birthday twins
Nadia didn't have a problem telling Brad to get to work!

The bounteous and wonderful fountain. Aren't we glad there was a very large second kitchen?!
Clockwise from left: Nate, Zach, Gina, Olivia, Spenser, Megan, Jared, and Thomas.

Zach beings to eat chocolate

This is something else to add to the list of things David missed during the trip. I am a little bit of a bed time nazi I suppose. He would have loved it I'm sure. But I think Zach made enough mess for two one year olds.

5 comments:

scooping it up said...

Hey Deidre, I just found your blog while stalking some other folks. Glad you know you have one! So fun. Thanks for coming over last night.

Cindy said...

I didn't know Brad was a twin!!!

Brad said...

Nadia is my sister-in-law but we both have the same birthday, May 9th.

Deidre said...

Whoops! My bad. Brad is not a twin. :) But if you really want all the trivia Aunt Cindy his next younger brothers are fraternal twins. (Devin that just got married and I think there is a picture of Dustin sitting on the couch.) They look NOTHING alike.

F said...

i definitely went to girls camp at ensign ranch my first two years! so crazy! isn't washington lovely!?! ah i miss all the green.