Friday, July 24, 2009

Devin and Katrina: The Wedding

Plainly speaking I was really pleased when Devin's wedding date changed the family reunion from Idaho to Washington. (I'm sorry but I was!) We got the added bonus of a Pacific Northwest vacation AND a new sister-in-law.

Our drive to the temple was thankfully uneventful. We got there early even though we'd stayed up pretty late the night before. David was fine with being left and there were plenty of cousins for him to play with while we were in the sealing. It was nice to spend a few quiet minutes inside and remember the promises Brad and I made on our wedding day.

Devin and Katrina Cammack

William in his stroller

David and Brad

David and Zach hanging out. They are six weeks apart.
Zach wanted to ride along. He has a stroller that is very similar.

Nate, Jared, and Thomas...there was a lot of horsing around while they were waiting for Devin and Katrina and during the pictures. What cute cousins!

Running. Nate and Brad are following trying to keep him in line. I think David was doing this during the entire post sealing photo session.

Devin looking oh so happy to be married!

Uncle Clay holding William

Devin calling Dustin. I think he was waiting for his tux vest? Spenser looks thrilled!

Brad and I waiting for Devin and Katrina to come out of the temple.

Brad always seems to be eating the kids snacks!

Grandpa Kent trying to keep David from running too far away...notice a theme here?

The younger kids. William (being held by her cousin Megan in the green) is unhappy and David is on Katrina's family side!

This was during the photos of the kids.

Aunt Jorden trying to get him to cooperate. Somehow I don't think it worked out.

Cammack family women. We are growing but still outnumbered.
Perhaps the next baby born will be a girl?! We can only hope.

Great-Grandma Packer. Brad's Mom's mom. One of the greatest people we know.

Katrina--one beautiful bride!

The Cammack Men...looking at something. We don't know what.

Devin and Noelene
I thought this one was really sweet.

I have a lot more respect for the people that brought small children to our wedding. I was so in love and star-struck I didn't really realize what an effort it must have been. Getting the kids there and keeping them clean and happy during the endless photos was most certainly a task! I felt like I was scrambling to keep things under control. Luckily it was lovely weather and there were lots of people to help.

I remember when Devin first got engaged and set an August wedding date. At the time we couldn't be there. We were depressed about it for an entire Sunday afternoon; we kept looking at flights and running different scenarios. I am grateful that events aligned and that we were able to attend. Thanks to Spense and Nadia for the room and board and Amy (amyleephotography.com) for many of the beautiful photos!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Darling, darling, darling. You can feel the fun.