I don't know how but we fit all of our things plus Dustin and a few of his bags in the Ford Escape that we had rented. We hunkered down for the drive to Seattle with a stop at Ensign Ranch to look for the missing camera. No such luck.
Dustin's help was invaluable. He was the great entertainer in the backseat then the luggage carrier, stroller pusher, and child helper at the airport. Things would have been rough without him so I'm glad he fit! He headed back to BYU and we were off to Boston.
I got a call from our ride Tiffany as we got off of our plane in Manchester, New Hampshire. She had accidentally gone to the Providence, Rhode Island airport which is two hours away from Manchester. I'd sent her the itinerary but neglected to point out which of the three Boston area airports we were at then ignored the feeling I had to call and clarify. Whoops. Insert lesson about ignoring promptings here.
Melanie came to our rescue instead since she was only an hour away in Boston. We sure felt loved since two different people came to get us. It was very late when we got in, around 1 am. Melanie had collected some of our mail and turned on the A/C the day before. Both Tiffany and Melanie had left groceries. What a lovely welcome. The only bad part was I'd scheduled doctor appointments for the boys early the next morning. Bad planning on my part especially since they slept in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's awesome that your friends would do that! Groceries?? Wow. That's nicer than most of my family (not my side...) would do!
I love all your Washington pictures. Those places bring back tons of memories. We went to Girls' Camp at Ensign Ranch for 6 years! Glad you had fun.
Post a Comment