Sunday, July 4, 2010

4th of July

I could have titled this post my favorite holiday because...well...it is! I love the colors and love those warm gushy patriotic feelings. I also loved that my high school Centennial had none other than red, white, and blue for colors. How lucky can an Americana girl get?! We had some old friends drop in for dinner. It was wonderful to see them. I'm glad Brad decided to make a good dinner because I don't think mac and cheese or hot dogs would have been the best way to welcome guests.

We enjoyed some homemade ice cream--three flavors--compliments of the Curtis family and then we headed out for a homegrown fireworks show. Boston is a big city but we agreed that Massachusetts is made up of a bunch of hometowns all smashed together. People are born here and they just stay. Lots of tradition.

Family minus one.

We left a very tired Will at home with a very tired Danielle. My sister in law Nadia will be glad we at least took David! Today was the first time we haven't put him to bed before a big event like fireworks.

Laura and Brett, our surprise visitors.

The Pinto Family from next door.

Two Holts.

All three from the Curtis clan.

David was a little scared by the noise but eventually decided that fireworks were "boom...pretty." I think part of his hesitation was from exhaustion too.

Neighbors Freddie, Degmara, and family.

We were amazed by the show. It was quite impressive especially when you consider what it has to compete with in Boston. We stayed on the football field until waaaay too late talking and laughing with neighbors and friends.

3 comments:

Jan said...

Yay for the 4th! And I am so jealous you guys have Bret & Laura back again! :( Tell them hi!

Jenna said...

Oh man, I'm seriously having 4th of July withdrawals! I haven't been able to celebrate it for a few years now, and it really is depressing. I still feel like it isn't a real summer since I haven't sung a single Patriotic song this year. Gosh, this is depressing. BUT, it sound like you had SO much fun and I love what David said about the fireworks! That's so cute!

Nadia said...

Deidre I'm so proud of you!