...or BAH HAB-AH as the keychains said and as Brad and I repeated in a Bahstan accent no less than 12 times apiece...
Bar Harbor gets its name from an impressive sand bar that surfaces during low tide. You can actually walk from Bar Harbor to Bar Island and back. The sand bar is HUGE and very visible from atop Cadillac Mountain. We didn't walk across by enjoyed the view from above.
I'd put my vacation plans in my facebook status and a friend from home who actually lived in Bar Harbor recommended this ice cream place. Thank you, facebook and Shelly. I think I had an "I don't know yet." It was amazing, it had a little of everything I like, cookie dough and peanut butter cup to start.
Will gets his ice cream cone all over.
David was a little cleaner but not much.
Brad had another very cleverly titled flavor with lots pack in but ended up liking mine better.
What will we ever do the day we stop carrying wipes as an essential?
Next it was browsing the shops. We had a good time looking at all of the things in this little woodworking one:
Tractor and trailer
Trains
Cars, and oh so much more!
I browsed an antique shop and saw two things I liked outside. I went in figuring I'd check the whole store before I decided if I should purchase anything and someone else brought one of "my" things in with her! She said "I already found something I liked outside." Dang. It didn't take me long to decide I'd better go and pick up the other item that had caught my eye.
Our first full day in Maine was really fun. We made the drive back to our cottage house and had another yummy dinner together.
2 comments:
that sounds like such a fun day! I want to go there...wipes will always be an essential, from now on I think.
My favorite part: wipes as an essential. Guess what? They always will be from here on out! I still carry wipes. In my purse, cars. Still an essential!
Love it!
Post a Comment