We couldn't leave Philadelphia without a visit to a National Park. Our timing didn't allow us to take a tour so after hitting the visitors center we drove around to see what we could.
Mom, Will, and David on the porch of George Washington's Quarters
This was my favorite part of our visit.
I didn't know that Valley Forge was a winter encampment, I thought maybe a battle had been fought there. There was plenty to learn and do though. We could have spent the whole day. There were lots of statues with plaques honoring important men. There were gently rolling hills as far as the eye could see. If it wasn't so muggy we would have been outside instead of enjoying most of it from the car.
2 comments:
I love things like this. Glad you are getting pictures of everything.
What fun, to go to Philadelphia. It's great that you were able to see an old friend and a lot of the historical sites.
Post a Comment