This morning we drove up to New Hampshire (probably an 1 hour and 30 minutes from home) for a stake activity. We welcomed the youth who had been on trek. We only have a handful of YM/YW in our ward, but many of the adults went as leaders too. We decided it would be fun to go and support them all.
Holding hands with Dad in the parking lot.
There wasn't much shade to be found! We enjoyed talking with some friends but had a tough time keeping little boys out of the sun and out of the woods Of course little boys never eat what is provided at a BBQ either. We ate and tried to convince our running climbing kids to do the same. We finally found a great spot where David and Will could climb on rocks and where we'd be the first to see the pioneers come into the valley.
Will riding on Brad's shoulders while we waited.
Welcome Pioneers!
I was able to participate in trek as a youth. It was a good experience; I remember thinking that the guys looked so much better in a pioneer shirt and suspenders than they did in normal clothes! That probably wasn't the take away, but it was nice to get to know other youth and families in my stake and leave the world behind for a few days.
We headed out early so we could make it back to Boston in time for the Pops 4th of July rehearsal.
2 comments:
I love Trek! We did not have the opportunity as youth but I have had the opportunity as a leader to go. It is an incredible experience, one that I will never take for granted. Way to support your youth, they will never forget it, never! I am sure you made their day and what a welcome. Sounds like a great ward.
Love the pictures and stories! Always fun to read your blog! Love the picture of the boys and daddy! Two cute!
Post a Comment