Friday, July 23, 2010

Fjords, Tide Pools, and Lobster

In an effort to see everything the park had to offer we opted to drive to a small portion of Acadia that was very out of the way. We left the park still listening to our CD and loving the fact that it continued as we drove past a beautiful an amazing fjord. Don't know what the ones in Sweden are like, but this one was gorgeous. Too bad we were driving and didn't do it any snapshot justice.

David and Brad hiked over a bunch of rocks and took a quick peek at the little tide pool ecosystem...

Goodbye Acadia, hopefully, we'll be back.

Our last and much anticipated activity was eating fresh lobster at a real "lobstah" pound. I just can't help but Boston-izng some words, sorry. The boys donned their hats and we went for it! Like Duffy's we'd been driving by everyday, anticipating and saving the best for last.

Touching the lobster.

Lobster family.

Petting the Lobster.

And most importantly to David, a lobster friend.

David knew it was Jackson the moment the car pulled up. Our good friends the Curtis family just randomly happened to plan a trip to Acadia the during the same weekend. They were arriving as we were leaving and we were thrilled to meet up.

This cute boy sat and ate his dinner unlike two other cute boys I know. Melanie was a real trooper. Even though she is from Washington/Oregon she isn't much of a seafood person.

Brad, Andrew, and I had our crash course on lobster eating. It was good and fun, and messy, but I can't say it was Brad's most favorite dish. I liked it, but maybe it just comes from my Mom...

The Whole Gang!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Love, love lobstah! How fun!

Jenna said...

The tide pool looks awesome! It makes me want to get in there and really look around. I love the hats! Well Chris LOVES lobster and I make him take my whole lobster apart(it grosses me out to see the whole thing), so if you'd like lobster, we're game!

Hayley said...

You always do such fun things. I bet you'll miss MA when you leave (well perhaps not the winter) but it always seems like there's fun stuff to do! xx