Sunday, July 18, 2010

Two Davids

This is another one of those wonderful "started right where we left off" moments. My great friend from high school and my home ward has been in New Jersey for awhile. We've mused that it would be fun to get together someday. I didn't know it but Emily wasn't terribly far from Philadelphia, only and hour or maybe hour and a half. It helps that Brad doesn't mind driving and that Emily and Brad know each other too.

Here is David Bradley Cammack and David Hunter Dettmar; they are only a few months apart.

All the kids!

Emily is expecting her 4th in September. Last time we got together she'd just had her second (the cute little girl on the end) and Brad and I hadn't been married more than a year.

It was a great evening. Emily welcomed us into her home in a way that made me sure we'd been there before even though we hadn't. We made dinner in the kitchen and caught up. It was wonderful to see an old friend. I remember just how lucky I was to have kind and loving people around me when I was younger. I didn't want the night to end.

We said goodbye while the older kids chased fireflies out the door.

No comments: