Friday, July 16, 2010

Swimming in Philadelphia

Our first view of Philadelphia wasn't really of the city but the airport and our hotel. The boys loved riding the elevator and pushing the buttons to get us back and forth between our room, the pool, and the breakfast. I find it funny how we can go swimming a million times in our pool here but it seems so much more "vacationey" somewhere else. Same amount of work to get everyone ready, just more relaxing I suppose?

Will splashes around on the steps.

The boys and I.

At one point we had David floating around by himself in a big live saver. He seemed pretty ok with it. I was glad because he hasn't been quite as daring during swimming lessons.

We dried off and enjoyed takeout from a nearby restaurant. We all went down to sleep just fine in the same room together. David loved his couch-bed and didn't even fall out. Will ended up awake once or twice during the night. It was stressful enough for Brad to proclaim that he didn't want all of us to share a room ever again while vacationing.

1 comment:

Heather said...

We went camping with Rex last weekend. I ended up using him as a pillow so that he would stay still long enough to fall asleep.