I left our house minutes after our arrival from the stake pioneer activity. I headed for the Hatch Shell at the Esplanade. I wanted to catch the rehearsal for the big 4th of July show tomorrow. I was worried I wouldn't get in. I got in line just before 4 PM when the gates opened. Some had waited there all afternoon. I made it inside the oval and plunked my blanket down on a spot in the back. Danielle got off of work and met me there. I was able to take a lovely walk after she was there to save our spot since we still had hours until the show started.
Yet another view of the Longfellow bridge.
Everyone was gearing up for the show!
Sarah and Danielle
Sarah is a friend from her work.
Waiting for the big show to start.
We weren't too close, but it did make getting out of there easier.
This cute little boy sat near us and served as entertainment. Made me miss my boys and their Dad at home.
Toby Keith!
Danielle and I are country music fanatics. Enough said.
The Boston Pops were wonderful. I honestly can't wait to see them again. I loved the famous 1812 overture complete with cannons firing off. They had some great numbers and a fun patriotic sing along. I loved seeing the men (mostly grandpas) that had served in the various branches of the military stand up when their anthem was played.
I actually DVR'd the 4th of July show. I could see things on TV I didn't see clearly at the rehearsal. All the men in uniform at the concert during the American Soldier song really pulled at my heart strings. Brad will have the opportunity to work alongside these men who serve our country so willingly.
I think this rehearsal show was the way to go. No waiting in line at 4 AM and all day to see the performance plus you can still catch the fireworks the next night! It was a treat to be there with Danielle. Thanks to the man at home watching David and Will. I appreciated being able to do something so wonderful. We are committed to taking the kids for the Boston fireworks next year. They start pretty late--10:30--but I'm hoping a 2 and 3 year old will be able to handle it. Anyone want to come with? This includes YOU family and friends from out of town!
3 comments:
I am SOOO excited you got to go to this (and a bit jealous!)! What a fun night.
Awesome! I would love to do that. Do you still have the show DVR'd? I might want to ummm see it if you do.
Wow! What an experience.
Post a Comment