Saturday, July 10, 2010

Wingaersheek Beach

During a little impromptu play date I spoke with my neighbor's Dad at length. He's a native born bay-stater who relocated to Arizona 13 years ago. The one thing he reports missing about Massachusetts--the ocean.

I am starting to see why. Primary Beach Day at Wingaersheek. Smooth rocks, flat sand, and beautiful ocean. It was a dream.

Family Beach Time!
That ball got lost out to sea, David was very unhappy.

Dajia and Deidre

She is the only friend I've ever met with a more unique "D" name than mine.
Pretty sure I don't know any other Daija's.

You would think there was salt in here!
Direct quote from me. Uh yeah, it's you know, the ocean....
FREEZING. SALTY. OCEAN.

Little boys in a giant beachy sandbox. Heaven.


Building with Dad.

Saying "rarr" for the camera. Sometimes it just works better than "cheese."


Willie with his toes in the water.


We brought way too many beach toys, (lost one), ate way too much pineapple, and brought home WAY too much sand. Who could ask for a better day?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So very fun! The boys are getting so big.

Jacy said...

I was really sad to miss this fun day! (Just couldn't justify dragging my kids out of bed early and paying so much to park, especially on a day with predicted thunderstorms.) It looks like you had so much fun! I love the pictures of the boys building the sand castles. They look like they are in heaven. (And really, IS there such a thing as too much pineapple???)

Jan said...

We were sad to miss this last year. It looks like such a fun beach! Kids can be so contented playing in sand but it's amazing how it ends up everywhere!