Sunday, July 18, 2010

Please Touch Museum

If yesterday was a nightmare then today was heaven. It made me wonder if we've been going about vacationing the wrong way. We try to see as many sights a possible, but maybe we need to slow down and do fun things for the kids no matter where we are or what we might miss.

We'd heard great things about the Please Touch Museum and we were impressed. For kids David and Will's age it was even better than that Boston Children's Museum. (Yes I said it, but I'm still holding out...in another year I think it might just work!) I can't think of anything I didn't like or that I felt my kids couldn't do there.

The free admission didn't hurt either. The cashier saw Brad's military ID when he pulled out his credit card (meaning he didn't show it to her) and said military families get in free. THANK YOU!
David outside with the Philly Phanatic waiting for the museum to open.

Will plays with some ducks in the water exhibit.

David enjoys some boats.

David drives a SEPTA bus. This was a favorite of his.

David enjoys playing a drum during a music class.

Here is will clocking in for work as an electrician.

David and William playing with foam blocks in a big dump truck.

Grocery shopping. This was my very favorite part. I think the kids would agree. They shopped for groceries, checked out, and then could have put them away in a kitchen. It was darling and all very real.

Dad helps David with his cart.

David is a postman delivering letters to the exhibits. Here he is below at the barbershop, one of many little place with a mailbox and a whole new activity inside!


Playing the xylophone.

Will on the piano.

Remember the scene from BIG with Tom Hanks? You know, I think he's in FAO Schwarz? Brad and I couldn't help trying to play with our feet too.

I may be crazy, but I'd consider the 5.5 hour drive again just to revisit the PTM. It was THAT good.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That place looks awesome!!

Natalie said...

That place sounds awesome :)

Heather said...

That looks amazing! Sometimes i forget that kids especially really young ones don't need a whole ton to entertain them. We took Rex to Disneyland on Monday--his favorite part? Running around in Goofy's house, which is essentially a playground like the one 2 blocks from my house.

Cindy said...

What a fun place.

Jessica Gonzalez said...

This looks like the coolest place ever, I totally want to go - and we don't have any kids! :-)

Wil especially likes that Will was trying out being an electrician!

Brad said...

Actually Jessica, I'd like to go back without the kids. In every room there are displays of toys,some of them over 100 years old. They were usually grouped together in some sort of theme. One display that I examined was about fad toys. They had trolls, pogs, giga-pets, silly bandz,and others. I saw some of my favorite childhood toys. It really brought back some good memories.