Welcome to the clinic. End DMD2. Half Way There! He can do stuff with REAL teeth?
I thought of lots of titles for this post and none of them were good. Just before Brad finished his second year of dental school he and his fellow classmates had to practice "numbing each other up." You know, what the dentist does just before you get some work done on your teeth...Needle, anesthetic, and that is where my limited knowledge ENDS.
This was a momentous occasion. It was the only thing I've ever heard (and seen) so much about both before and after the appointed day. All of that studying and practice with models turned real in a very personal way.

There he is with the needle. Yikes?!

The official welcome to the clinic. Yes folks, he'll be booking appointments.

Moment of truth. (This is a fellow classmate NOT a real patient.) Contrary to how the guy in the photo might look, he survived. In fact, I think Brad did great.
Brad got his shot from the lovely and talented Melissa. I enjoyed re-living that moment on her blog here.
I'm not sure what the end of year two means to Brad except for excitement and nervousness about his upcoming time in the clinic. For me it is another marker saying wow, time just keeps on passing. Some days can be long and hard, others wonderful; the weeks and months just disappear. We are left older and hopefully better. I'm sad to think our time in Boston has an official end date. I can't believe David and Will are 1 and 2 and quickly growing.
Congrats Brad, you're on the downward slope of the dental school thing. BU was so nice to provide each student with what looked suspiciously like a beer mug to honor their accomplishment. At least I know Brad enjoyed every bite of the pizza that came with it.
5 comments:
Congrats Brad! I'm sure it's sad (and scary) the thought of being on the downhill slope but exciting too!!!!
YAY! A good 'numbing' makes ALL the difference for us dentally challenged!
Woo hoo! What an accomplishment. For some reason numbing each other up seemed so crazy to me when Brian had to do it, too. But starting IVs on each other during nursing school for me was totally normal/logical. Guess I'm better with needles in my arm than in my mouth! I thought the 2nd half went faster than the first, so you're definitely on the downhill side. Congrats!
Numb me, Nitrus, headsets the whole thing. And numb me dang good. I don't want to feel a thing AT ALL. I like Cindy am not a good dental patient. Even though they say I did a good job! That is because I am in lala land! Heaven! Good Job Brad!
Oh my gosh halfway done with school!! Congrats!!
Post a Comment